However, we hope you take some time to explore the area while you're in Grand Rapids for the regatta! Here are some ideas:
August 7-18 is Restaurant Week in Grand Rapids! Enjoy an amazing meal from a variety of restaurants with one of these options:
- Option 1: 2 courses for $15 per person
- Option 2: 2 courses for $25 per person
- Option 3: Chef’s Choice for over $25 per person.
Options vary by restaurant. Explore the menus and make your reservations here.
Have some downtime while in GR? Here are some things to do:
- Shop in any of the City's fabulous neighborhood business districts or at the Downtown Market
- Check out one of our incredible art museums... like the GR Art Museum or Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts
- Explore one of nearly 100 breweries in the metro area... become a Brewsader!
- Stroll around the beautiful Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park or through the Heritage Hill Historic District, the largest urban historic district in America and one of five in the City
- Take your kids to the John Ball Zoo or Children's Museum
- Rent a bike or a canoe/kayak
- Get some culture at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum or African-American Museum and Archives... or pick up a Culture Pass to see a lot more!
- Catch a live music performance
- Visit the Lake Michigan coast (the sunsets are incredible)
- You can find even more here!